Friday 1 April 2011

JIMMY ASHBY: TOUCHING THE VOID

This week saw the return of a brave man to the warm comforts of the Home Corp offices. Our very own Jimmy Ashby spent a week trekking across the treacherous alpine landscape. Here's Jimmy's experience in his own words...


"I decided it was about time I test my physical resilience... by accepting to join a group of guys on a 6-day walk from Chamonix to Zermatt, over alpine mountains, glaciers and crevasses. It was a bloody nightmare! I have no training, no great skills at skiing in powder, never climbed with crampons and no idea why the hell I needed an ice axe. 

But we did survive, and in hindsight it was worth doing. I got the chance to witness some amazing scenery, and this combined with being able to sleep in the same clothes for 6 days on the trot made for a very worthwhile and life-affirming adventure!"

No comments:

Post a Comment