Tuesday 22 March 2011

5QUESTIONS: JEM GOULDING


Last week we told you about poet & film maker Jem Goulding's new film, The Bone Echo. The London-based visual artist now answers this week's 5Questions.


1. Who would be your dream subject to shoot?

Kurt Cobain... man, the soul in those eyes.

2. What's the last film you saw + 3 words to describe it.

Buitiful by the earth-shattering Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu. I sat and sobbed in the cinema when the credits rolled, I couldn't move. True beauty, with quiet power. In 3 words, I'd say devastating, disarming and disembodied. 

3. Best advice you've ever been given?

"Expectations set you up for a fall". It has helped me immensely so far... and when I forget this advise, I always fuck something up.

4. What are you doing this weekend?

I'm in Ibiza, directing a music video on 8mm film for a band called Sulk, who you'll be hearing more about very soon. They've got swagger and I've got a waterproof Super 8 camera, and a whole lot of ocean to play with.

5. What is your favourite poem?

My favourite poetry book is Burning in Water, Drowning in Flames by Charles Bukowski, and my favourite of his poems is The Man with the Beautiful Eyes. I also love Cloths of Heaven by William B Yeats, and another favourite poet is my friend Dallas Clayton.


Thanks, Jem!


WEBSITE: www.jemgoulding.com

No comments:

Post a Comment